
Stuart and I attended two Wine Festivals this weekend. I know it sounds like a lot, but Stuart and I are starting to develop a wine collection (split across country of course). The first evening we went to the Mount Vernon Wine Festival and Sunset Tour. The entire evening was perfect! They even had Martha and George sitting on the porch. George Washington being one of Stuart's heroes, he was so excited and wanted a picture. I turned on the camera and the battery died instantly. Shame on me for not charging it before we left. We were both disappointed that we didn't get any pictures of that great evening, but I learned my lesson: CHARGE THE BATTERY OFTEN.

The second Wine Festival was in Middleburg, VA at Chrysalis Vineyards. Absolutely picture perfect! The leaves were just starting to turn and the entire vineyard was open, so we wandered, drank wine, talked and enjoyed the scenery. We listened to the Bluegrass bands, ate cheese and sipped wine under a tree. We bought two bottles and Stuart also bought farm fresh eggs (what a combo). As you can see from our pictures, our visit would not have been complete without grape stomping! I had a blast and could not stop laughing. Probably not the best feeling on your feet, but a fun experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment