When I was pregnant with Claire, everyone always told me to enjoy the time with her, because babies grow up so fast. I heard what people said, but thought that time would never pass by as quickly as it has the past eight months. I simply cannot believe how much Claire has grown. It seems like just yesterday she was a little eight pound newborn in my arms. Now she's an 18.4 pound toddler flopping (her version of crawling) all over the place. Stuart said, "She really looks like a little person now, she's not a baby anymore." My response is, "She'll ALWAYS be my little baby!!" Oh how I adore this child! Claire is so amazing and I could never fully express my love for her. I guess I never really understood a mother's love until I became a mother myself. It is true that there is nothing like a mother's love for her child.
When I look at Claire all I think about is how amazing she is. Can you imagine being so little and everything being so new and fascinating to you? Claire's current fascinations are: plastic water bottles, cups, buttons and basically anything NOT toy related. However, she does enjoy watching the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and "Elmo" on t.v.
Here are some pictures of Claire with her water bottle. She fell asleep in the car while playing with her water bottle, a.k.a. favorite "toy."
Her teeth are coming in at a rapid pace. She likes to bite me when she feels like I'm not paying attention to her. So far she hasn't bitten Stuart, Grandma Lina or anyone else, so I guess that's good news.
Today at our stroller work-out group, baby Kara, 2-weeks younger than Claire, was admiring Claire's pigtails and bows. Kara decided to pull Claire's hair and Claire screamed and cried...once I picked her up and consoled her, she was all smiles again. Kara's mom said Kara was just jealous of all the hair Claire has.
No comments:
Post a Comment