Saturday, March 01, 2008

Sixty Days?!


All I could do was smile when I looked at the countdown clock. Sixty days. Two months. 1,440 hours...or as Stuart likes to tell me, "Four more paychecks!" Since the beginning he's been "lifting" my spirits by encouraging me to count the paydays, as it seems like less when compared to the actual number of days.

I am absolutely thrilled that our first deployment as husband and wife is coming to an end. You'd think that because the homecoming is so close it would be easier. Well, sorry to say that the home stretch is the toughest part. Homecoming is so close, but not close enough. BUT...I think I'm back on track and now it's crunch time! I've realized that I have a lot of things I want to do around the condo before Stuart comes home. I think that's how it usually goes for most spouses of deployed ones. Save all the "to do's" for the last month or two before they come home.

As we both go on with our daily routines, we continue to remain centered on the one thing that keeps us going from day-to-day despite the chaos of things around us...

Stuart________Our Marriage_________Cassandra

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Stu,

Try not to fall asleep, roll down a hill, and lose your weapon...makes it hard to chop off the head of the enemy :)

Double digit midget short-timer...sweet bro

-:joel:- said...

Thank for keeping this blog. Hang in there. We're praying for his safe return.