Couldn't sleep so I figured I'd "blog." I've been thinking of some of the things us Marine wives do to pass the time when our husbands are away. The house chores can wait until tomorrow, I DVR'd my reality shows, I've already exercised for the day and no one has sent me an email I can respond to. Well, over the past three days, I attended the 2008 Leadership Education Seminar at Camp Pendleton on behalf of 3/5. The seminar had valuable information that I will apply as I continue to volunteer for the battalion. I also met about 70 different Marine wives who had numerous stories. Some stories made you think,
"Wow! My situation isn't that bad, I guess."
"My belly is hurting from laughing so hard."
"I hope her husband is home in time for their baby."
"LUCKY!..he's coming home next week."
"Pfftt! 7 days in the field, that's nothing! Try 7 months in Iraq, talk about missing someone."
"You moved how many times?"
"He has orders where?!"
AND..."You've been married how many years?! Twenty-five?!" And I think..."I can't wait to be in that seat telling that story."
As Murphy's Law would go:
We had a graduation ceremony with diplomas given out by the General and personnel from all the different units there. Just as the ceremony ended, everyone was excited and chit-chatting. I thought I felt my phone buzzing in my purse. Somehow I couldn't get to it quickly enough, probably because my purse is the size of a briefcase...but that's the style. And just as I accepted the call.........it went to voicemail!!! Well we all knew who it was right?! Yup, my husband! I think I'm getting the hang of this "Murphy's Law" but still can't help and think, "If I was only 1 second faster." I crave for the day that I will be able have a face-to-face conversation with Stuart.
Back to my original thought of this post: What to do to pass empty moments during deployments?
I decided to rearrange Stuarts clothes in the closet while a majority of my clothes remain unfolded on the floor. I guess because I just miss him.
Weird? Some might think so, but as the 70+ wives I met tell me, "NOPE! I do that even when he's not deployed. Sometimes we miss them even when they are just on the other side of base."
No comments:
Post a Comment